I don’t know what Im doing with my life. I haven’t got any set plans, there’s barely stability with it right now that I couldn’t generally answer the question “what are you doing with your life?”
It’s a question that terrifies me a lot recently. It really burdens my mind and bothers me, but I realised it’s something that a lot of people feel and deal with. A lot of people struggle to figure out what their purpose is, it’s a lot of pressure on them to know what they are doing with their life’s but they just haven’t got a clue. Yet no one really talks about it and most people decides to deal with it internally and just freak out inside while putting on a face for everybody else.
I realised that it’s actually Ok to feel this way and that its a stage majority of people goes through. You’re constantly told what to do from birth being young and then in school, your trained to learn, do the right thing and pass your exams in order to get to the next step, thinking that adults was so sensible, have life figured out and have all the answers. But then you become an adults and realise that its not the case.
Although its ok to not have everything figured out, what’s not OK is sitting on that feeling and doing nothing about it. The best thing you can do is become extremely busy. Be as busy as you can possibly be, just do, keep yourself active because once you stop and become sluggish you’re going to start feeling sorry for yourself and just go into a downwards spiral feeling low and negative that does nothing good for you.
Now being ‘busy’ can mean so many different things. I look at my friends and family and some of them went travelling, working in the sector they graduated in, continued education to go into masters, or even just have a part time job while doing something creative such as makeup artist, hairstylist, personal trainer, YouTube or blog etc. So there are many options don’t feel like you have to take just one.
I’m on the path way of trying everything and anything to figure out what’s for me.
What do you enjoy doing in you’re spare time and what would you like to gain skills in?
We live in a world where our own personal life can be overwhelming and consumed by so much toxins at times that we just need a detox from it all.
My definition of Detoxing your life means getting rid of the mental, emotional, and physical toxins/clutter that effects you from loving and living your best life.
This post is just a few tips on how to go about removing the negative from your life and focusing on with a clear mindset.
- Me time – Take time off from everything, it can be an hour, a day or even a week to do what you want. Spend time by yourself, show love to yourself, do what your interested in go for a walk, catch up on sleep, discover new hobbies, read a new book etc. It’s so important to enjoy your own company without anyone or anything.
- write in a journal – A great way to detox your mind is by letting out how you’re feeling. It allows you to get in touch with your inner self and also to clarify your thoughts, In time you get to know and learn about yourself even more.
- Say goodbye to toxic people – People that don’t add value to your life and wellbeing, People who are only around you to subtract and to never add. They litterally come around you just to take take take and before you know it you’re left feeling drained down. Those are the type of people you need to let go of, espically the types that are judgmental about everything you do and always has something negative to say about something your doing, somewhere your going or even someone that you’re seeing. Spend time with people who are encouraging and uplifting. People who has a positive mindset and that brings out the best part of you. Don’t ever feel guilty about cutting off people like that because life is short. You should be enjoying your life to your full potential.
- Clean out and clear out – Not only that it’s good for your surroundings but also very therapeutic. Decluttering can be an outlet for energy and negative emotions. Removing dust, dirt and clutter from your environment provides you with a cleaner, more comfortable atmosphere to feel relaxed and refreshed.
- Get moving – After decluttering and detoxing you’re going to want to just move and do the next thing. It’s the time to just set goals for yourself, this can be a lifestyle change, a habit you want to get rid of, a new diet or even just a new way of life. Once the toxins are out of your life you will be refreshed enough to just start brand new .. A new chapter to your life!