We live in a world where our own personal life can be overwhelming and consumed by so much toxins at times that we just need a detox from it all.
My definition of Detoxing your life means getting rid of the mental, emotional, and physical toxins/clutter that effects you from loving and living your best life.
This post is just a few tips on how to go about removing the negative from your life and focusing on with a clear mindset.
- Me time – Take time off from everything, it can be an hour, a day or even a week to do what you want. Spend time by yourself, show love to yourself, do what your interested in go for a walk, catch up on sleep, discover new hobbies, read a new book etc. It’s so important to enjoy your own company without anyone or anything.
- write in a journal – A great way to detox your mind is by letting out how you’re feeling. It allows you to get in touch with your inner self and also to clarify your thoughts, In time you get to know and learn about yourself even more.
- Say goodbye to toxic people – People that don’t add value to your life and wellbeing, People who are only around you to subtract and to never add. They litterally come around you just to take take take and before you know it you’re left feeling drained down. Those are the type of people you need to let go of, espically the types that are judgmental about everything you do and always has something negative to say about something your doing, somewhere your going or even someone that you’re seeing. Spend time with people who are encouraging and uplifting. People who has a positive mindset and that brings out the best part of you. Don’t ever feel guilty about cutting off people like that because life is short. You should be enjoying your life to your full potential.
- Clean out and clear out – Not only that it’s good for your surroundings but also very therapeutic. Decluttering can be an outlet for energy and negative emotions. Removing dust, dirt and clutter from your environment provides you with a cleaner, more comfortable atmosphere to feel relaxed and refreshed.
- Get moving – After decluttering and detoxing you’re going to want to just move and do the next thing. It’s the time to just set goals for yourself, this can be a lifestyle change, a habit you want to get rid of, a new diet or even just a new way of life. Once the toxins are out of your life you will be refreshed enough to just start brand new .. A new chapter to your life!