I don’t know what Im doing with my life. I haven’t got any set plans, there’s barely stability with it right now that I couldn’t generally answer the question “what are you doing with your life?”
It’s a question that terrifies me a lot recently. It really burdens my mind and bothers me, but I realised it’s something that a lot of people feel and deal with. A lot of people struggle to figure out what their purpose is, it’s a lot of pressure on them to know what they are doing with their life’s but they just haven’t got a clue. Yet no one really talks about it and most people decides to deal with it internally and just freak out inside while putting on a face for everybody else.
I realised that it’s actually Ok to feel this way and that its a stage majority of people goes through. You’re constantly told what to do from birth being young and then in school, your trained to learn, do the right thing and pass your exams in order to get to the next step, thinking that adults was so sensible, have life figured out and have all the answers. But then you become an adults and realise that its not the case.
Although its ok to not have everything figured out, what’s not OK is sitting on that feeling and doing nothing about it. The best thing you can do is become extremely busy. Be as busy as you can possibly be, just do, keep yourself active because once you stop and become sluggish you’re going to start feeling sorry for yourself and just go into a downwards spiral feeling low and negative that does nothing good for you.
Now being ‘busy’ can mean so many different things. I look at my friends and family and some of them went travelling, working in the sector they graduated in, continued education to go into masters, or even just have a part time job while doing something creative such as makeup artist, hairstylist, personal trainer, YouTube or blog etc. So there are many options don’t feel like you have to take just one.
I’m on the path way of trying everything and anything to figure out what’s for me.
What do you enjoy doing in you’re spare time and what would you like to gain skills in?
I’ve been wearing my hair in a slick bun lately which has been coming out flawless, no frizz, effortless, quick and easy hair do. This is just a short post on how and what I used to achieve this look.
You will need:
- Spray bottle
- Gel ( Eco styler)
- Moisturiser ( Shea moisture )
- Edge control ( gummy waxing gel)
- Edges tool (Toothbrush)
Spritz hair with water
Moisturises hair with shea moisture
Part you hair straight in the middle with a comb
Smooth Eco styler gel on your hair making it flat as possible
Brush down hair until slick, tie hair in one and then form your bun.
Apply gummy waxing gel around you edges and using your tooth brush styles edges to your likings
Tie headscarf to let your hair marinate. I try to leave it on for as long as possible, this can be from 5mins to hours but the longer the better the outcome.
I believe it’s esstential to accept your imperfections. This summer I took my time to actually accept my flaws. I realised we try to perfect things that shouldn’t matter as much as it does, and in all honesty the opinions of others shouldn’t matter either. we really doubt certain aspects of ourselves because we are overthinking about how others may judge us.
- Its a common thing we all deal with.
- If you stopped Stressing about your flaws you would have more time to focus on important things or even just enjoying yourself at that moment in time than worrying about what others think.
- People don’t see your imperfections until you tell them and majority of the time they don’t have the same opinion as you “It looks fine”.
- Once you accept your imperfections no one can use it against you.
I feel the key to accepting your flaws is to realise that judegments can only hold value to your lives if you allow it.
1. When did you start taking better care of your hair?
I would say around May 2017 I actually started caring for my hair. I’m very lazy when it comes to hair so at first it was challenging but now it’s the norm.
2. What’s your two favourite natural hair products?
Only last month I came across Twisted Sista Intensive Leave In Conditioner, which I feel has transformed my hair with moisture frizzyness and ability to detangle. My hair doesn’t normally feel juicy but this defintely did the job.
Also oliver oil conditioner the main conditioner I have been using on my hair to detangle since DAY 1. Mummy knew what she was doing.
3. What’s you’re ultimate hair goal?
Just to have strong healthy consistent moistured hair with no damaged ends.
4. What’s your favourite part of your hair regimen?
Mmm well this is difficult … ooo yeah the end reults of having clean fresh detangled hair to play with.
5. Which do you prefer healthy or length ?
Healthy any day because my hair has no problem with length or growing even longer, and without health it will just look like a dead long straw.
6. Most annoying part of your regimen?
7. Oils or butter?
I’m starting to really love my oils.. It’s just annoying when it over flows from my hands.
8. Wigs or weave?
I prefer weave due to not feeling like im wearing a hat all day but wigs protect your whole head and you don’t have to worry about a leave out.
9. What’s your take on growth aid?
I have always wondered if it would work for me but I just haven’t bothered to buy any. I see no harm with it and researching about it, it seems to be successful.
10. What’s your take on salons?
Salons are cute, I mean you know some are but overall they don’t know how to handle my wild hair and they are so expensive. I don’t really trust people in my hair so I prefer to learn how to do my own, It’s doesn’t have to be perfect just presentable.
11. What products you think is underrated?
Gummy styling wax is underrated, I dont think a lot of people know or have even bothered to try it but it’s one of the best to lay my edges and slick my hair.
12. What do you dislike about your hair?
The dryness of my hair is what I dislike because certain products doesn’t help or even sustain in my hair. I find it difficult to have it consistently moistured.
We live in a world where our own personal life can be overwhelming and consumed by so much toxins at times that we just need a detox from it all.
My definition of Detoxing your life means getting rid of the mental, emotional, and physical toxins/clutter that effects you from loving and living your best life.
This post is just a few tips on how to go about removing the negative from your life and focusing on with a clear mindset.
- Me time – Take time off from everything, it can be an hour, a day or even a week to do what you want. Spend time by yourself, show love to yourself, do what your interested in go for a walk, catch up on sleep, discover new hobbies, read a new book etc. It’s so important to enjoy your own company without anyone or anything.
- write in a journal – A great way to detox your mind is by letting out how you’re feeling. It allows you to get in touch with your inner self and also to clarify your thoughts, In time you get to know and learn about yourself even more.
- Say goodbye to toxic people – People that don’t add value to your life and wellbeing, People who are only around you to subtract and to never add. They litterally come around you just to take take take and before you know it you’re left feeling drained down. Those are the type of people you need to let go of, espically the types that are judgmental about everything you do and always has something negative to say about something your doing, somewhere your going or even someone that you’re seeing. Spend time with people who are encouraging and uplifting. People who has a positive mindset and that brings out the best part of you. Don’t ever feel guilty about cutting off people like that because life is short. You should be enjoying your life to your full potential.
- Clean out and clear out – Not only that it’s good for your surroundings but also very therapeutic. Decluttering can be an outlet for energy and negative emotions. Removing dust, dirt and clutter from your environment provides you with a cleaner, more comfortable atmosphere to feel relaxed and refreshed.
- Get moving – After decluttering and detoxing you’re going to want to just move and do the next thing. It’s the time to just set goals for yourself, this can be a lifestyle change, a habit you want to get rid of, a new diet or even just a new way of life. Once the toxins are out of your life you will be refreshed enough to just start brand new .. A new chapter to your life!
At times going through life we lose vision in who we are… well I know I have before. When you are happy, confident and truly love yourself you don’t bother with unnecessary stress from others and yourself.
These are a few tips I have learnt to make you love yourself again.
- Value and respect how special you are – No one can ever be or become you, You are the only one who think your thoughts the way you think them and look the way you do. That’s kind of a big deal!
- Drown in assurance. – Rewire your brain to think differently. Having negative thoughts will only weigh you down and stop you from being someone big in life.When you mentally rehearse your new habits, you strengthen your ability to create them in your life.
(Write down a list of things you need to hear the most and say it through out the day, in your head, out loud.. anytime)
E.g I deserve and will receive all the good that life has to offer me.
I am a unique loving beautiful person.
- Do things what you love – Find time to do what u want, or change something that is not making u happy. e.g Find a new job, go on holiday, buy new shoes… It doesn’t matter how big or small it is as long as it makes you personally happy that’s all that matters.
- Let the love in – Receive compliments gracefully with a simple thank you. Say nice things about your body, dress it up, take it out, give it hot baths and massages, Move it, stretch it and hydrate it. The better our bodies feel the happier and more productive we are.
So start now, don’t let anyone or anything hold you back love yourself! ❤️💁🏽